Thursday, March 29, 2007
On My Hearth: Zesty Tofu
Ever since visiting The Chicken Store in Key West a couple of weeks ago, I can no longer bring myself to eat chicken! I've gone through this before which is why I was a vegetarian for 10 years, seems I am going down that path once again.
So, in light of that, I am making a dinner-without-a-face tonight. This recipe is courtesy of Weightwatchers.
POINTS® Value: 3
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Tofu is a terrific way to get in some calcium and protein. Try it marinated like we've done here, or in your favorite Asian stir-fry.
* 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
* 2 tsp honey
* 1 tsp white wine vinegar
* 1 tsp vegetable oil
* 1/2 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
* 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
* 8 oz firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
* In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, oil, ginger and pepper flakes.
* Divide tofu between 2 bowls and coat with sauce. Let stand 5 minutes.