Friday, March 30, 2007

Today's Inspiration: Henri Nouwen


"Writing can be a creative and invigorating way to make our lives available to ourselves and to others. We have to trust that our stories deserve to be told - we may discover that the better we tell our stories, the better we will want to live them." ~Henri Nouwen

My dear friend sent me this quote today. I was inspired by the quote and then, since I'd never heard of Mr. Nouwen, I was intrigued and compelled to do some more research.

It seems as if he was a gentle man, a peaceful spirit with a unique type of spirituality. Though I may have a different belief system, I am always open to learning more about the Spirit, in whatever form one sees Him/Her. I'm going to check my library to see if they have any of Henri's books. Thank you, Grace, for sharing this with me!

2 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

Yes it is a neat quote. Is that picture by Van Goh? Looks like it.

Rapunzel said...

MoI, I do believe it is Van Gogh, it references him on Nouwe's website.