Monday, April 16, 2007

Bad "Carma"


Today is one of those days that simply requires a do-over. Nothing life threatening or even earth-shattering, simply annoying things that threw me into a tailspin.

I had a restless night's sleep and woke up late to find that my car wouldn't start and since it's still under extended warranty, I had it towed to the dealer. The sweetheart of a tow truck driver was just out here a few weeks ago to have my daughter's truck towed to the shop, and he remembered us. He shook his head and commented on my "bad auto luck," to which I replied, "yes, I must have bad karma." Kali groaned in the background..the pun was unintended but kinda humorous nonetheless. Bad Car-ma indeed. So, since the dealer had no time to even look at it today, I am housebound and will rely on Kali and Sam to transport me to work tomorrow.

Also, it's the final days of tax season, and I work for an accountant. Needless to say, work is hell. Nerves are raw, tempers are quick, and the barrage of take-in lunch does not help my diet. (I am proud to say I resisted the chicken wings & fries today, thank you very much.)

Last but not least, I got a notice in the mail informing me that my health insurance is going up again, $60 more per month. Damn! I guess they resented having to pay for my surgery last month, huh?

On a good note, though, I was able to have a nice phone conversation with my friend Silke. She's just started a new blog and I'm so excited for her! She's such an amazing writer and a very good friend, she always cheers me up and makes me laugh.

So, that's the Monday I've had. I'm sure that tomorrow will be better, right?

2 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

Hope Tues. is better. I checked your friend's blog and wrote a comment! I envy her now with her weight loss. I'm finding that hard now.

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Mother of Invention. We'll continue to help & inspire each other!