Wednesday, April 11, 2007

An Eeyore Sort of Day


Yesterday was what I call an Eeyore sort of day. Now, Eeyore happens to be my favorite Pooh character but I don't want to be him, you know? I was gloomy all day, just could not shake myself out of the funk I was in. Beren was out of town, my girls were all busy, I was lonely & feeling sorry for myself. So, what do you think I did? I ate my way through the gloomies. Yep, that's just what I did. I stopped counting POINTS after the 2nd WW ice cream bar and the 3 handfuls of chips. So much for willpower, huh?

So, this morning I woke up feeling like crap, disappointed in myself, but instead of continuing on the binge I got my lazy butt out of bed early and walked. All day today I've been guzzling my water and staying OP. I don't know if it'll undo yesterday's damage, but at least I am trying. I feel better already.

So, that's my sad little story. "Thanks for noticin'"

3 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

That's okay to allow yourself those days. And it's amazing you got yourself back on track so soon. I usually get in that mode and do it for days!

Patty said...

have had a few days like that, but we pick ourselves up and do better tomorrow.
BTW Please check my blog. I have tagged you for the Thinking Blogger Award!

Rapunzel said...

Mother of Invention, I have learned the hard way that I, too, can stay in that gloomy place for days! Thanks so much for the support.

Patty, I am so honored to have been chosen by you! Unfortunately, because I was chosen before (back before I re-started the blog) I believe that the rules prohibit me from accepting again. Thank you so much, though, I am so glad that you enjoy this blog and that it makes you think. :-) You know how much I love reading yours!