Monday, April 23, 2007

Happiness Is...


*taking Beren's children sailing for the first time, watching their joyful little selves bob along with the tide, listening to them laugh with delight when the waves splashed up over the bow of the boat

*honoring Earth Day out on the ocean, and again at home tending to my little garden

*a delicious portobello-mushroom-topped salad enjoyed at the sailing club restaurant; why does everything taste better after a day in the sun?

*a nap on the way home; since I was a little girl I've always fallen asleep in the car

*big goodbye hugs from sweet little girls....Life is Good!

5 comments:

Abigail S said...

I love a good nap in the car. It's the best.

Aisling said...

We were at a family memorial service for dh's Uncle, so we had little time to honor Earth Day. I would like to make a bigger deal of it next year (planting a tree for each family member, I think.) On the other hand, to me, every day is Earth Day, you know? :)

Rapunzel said...

Aisling, I'm so sorry to hear about your dh's uncle! You do honor Earth Day every day, this is true. :-) I like the idea about planting a tree for each family member! I was going to have each child pick an herb to add to the garden but we ran out of time and didn't get to the nursery. Maybe next weekend.

Becky said...

i like this post (and your entire blog actually). but the funny thing is yesterday (for the first time) i tried a grilled portabello mushroom. it was delicious. i would love to hear back from you.

Rapunzel said...

Becky, so glad you enjoy my blog, and that you share my passion for portobellos! I notice from your profile that you're a vegetarian, good for you! :-)