Sunday, April 29, 2007

Happiness Is...


Surprises!

Yesterday after some exhusband drama that I immediately put an end to (yay, me!), I went for my bikini wax appointment, medicated beforehand by Advil and Chardonnay. (It still ouches terribly, why do we women tortue ourselves?) Anyway, since I was wearing my adorable new polka-dot skirt with ankle-strap stiletto sandals, I felt much too cute to just go home so I called my three daughters and discovered that two of them were available for lunch. Surprise! We had a lovely meal at the Ale House surrounded by dozens of men who I'm quite sure were more interested in the NFL Drafts than my legs, but I could pretend otherwise, right? (Hey, I am very much committed to Beren but if I ever give up the ability to flirt just a little, shoot me. Ok?)

Next, I discovered that Beren's girls were making an unexpected visit. Surprise! Since they had both just been in a drama production and had lead roles, we decided to Surprise them with a little celebration. We took them to dinner at the Olive Garden (groan..those breadsticks!) and then back to our house for dessert. I had the grocery store bakery write "Bravo" on a little chocolate cake for them, they were so surprised! Afterward we all sat around my dining room table, laughing and telling stories. Beren dragged out his old photo albums and showed his girls pics of us when we were young and adorable and so in love...just like we are now.

All in all, a happy ending to an otherwise rotten week.

Surprise!

3 comments:

Aisling said...

A perfect ending to a bad week - and a great way to kick off a week that will be much, much better! BTW, maybe because I'm a northern girl, I've never had a "bikini wax." I know: gasp! lol!

Rapunzel said...

Aisling, LOL, I think bikini waxes might be more popular in my area, from what my Northern friends tell me. If you've ever watched Sex and the City, the bikini wax scene is exactly how it happens. Rip, ouch! But oh so worth it.

Grace said...

I'm so glad you treated yourself to a nice treat. I question whether to call the wax a treat or not, but at least it was something nice to do for yourself. I always think of the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where Steve Carrell gets his chest waxed and yells out "KELLY CLARKSON!"

Too funny!