Tuesday, April 17, 2007
On My Hearth: Individual Ham, Cheese and Veggie Frittatas
I have had this recipe on my hearth for a while but never got around to making it; I finally did so last night and just enjoyed one for breakfast. Very tasty and low in POINTS!
Individual Ham, Cheese and Veggie Frittatas
POINTS® Value: 2
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Whip up a batch of these mini frittatas on a Sunday night and you’ve got breakfast ready to go for the work week. Just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy.
* 2 sprays cooking spray
* 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
* 4 large egg(s), beaten
* 1 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
* 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
* 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
* 2 oz cooked lean ham, finely chopped
* 1/8 cup sweet red pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
* 1/8 cup green pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
* 2 Tbsp onion(s), finely chopped
* 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
* Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray. Spread potatoes around bottom and press potato up sides of each muffin hole; place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
* Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add ham, peppers, onion and cheese to bowl; mix to combine.
* Remove potatoes from oven (after cooking for 10 minutes) and press potatoes down firmly with a spoon so that they are spread out like mini piecrusts (potatoes should cover bottom and sides of each hole). Pour about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the center of each muffin hole.
* Return pan to oven and cook until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 frittata per serving.
© 2007 Weight Watchers International, Inc.