Sunday, April 15, 2007

On My Wish List:: a Bento Box


I'm suddenly completely intrigued with these Bento Boxes (aka tiffins) since seeing them first at Vegan Lunchbox and most recently at Andrea in a Weight Watchers Whirl. I've since googled bento box and found tons & tons of blogs referencing them, whew! They are just so pretty, and practical, and earth-friendly! Now, I don't know when I would use it because I never take my lunch to work, but I want one! I'm thinking that perhaps I could use it just to store my daily planned foods, even if just for home. Is that silly? Am I making up an excuse just to own one of these pretty little things? And if so, since when did silliness stop me from doing anything?

7 comments:

Aisling said...

Ooh, I love Bento boxes too, Rapunzel. I've had Senryu on the lookout for some over in Asia, but think I'll end up ordering them on-line eventually, I'm sure. I've wanted one since taking a short Japanese cooking workshop. I do take my lunch on the days when I spend a full day at the school where I volunteer and substitute, so wouldn't I be stylish eating from one of these. *grin*

Rapunzel said...

Aisling, you would indeed be stylish! I'm heading to World Market in just a bit; even though the melamie type isn't "authentic" it would work better for my purposes than the traditional stainless type. I'll let you know how it goes!

Abigail S said...

They do look neat! Go ahead and spoil yourself! What's the fun in life if you can't splurge a bit here and there?!

Rapunzel said...

well, I did it! I went to World Market and bought the lovely tiffin pictured here. This morning I packed it full of my day's meals and marked them off in my WW journal, am hoping it helps keep me more in control. I'll let you know!

Rote Silke said...

I bought one last night after reading your blog. I do bring my lunch to work,and I'm getting a little tired of random plastic boxes rattling around.

Grace said...

Daughter #2 and I saw those advertised in Country Home or Country Living magazine this weekend and we both want one too!

Rapunzel said...

Silke, I'm so glad! What color did you buy?

Grace, I'm going to have to peek at those magazines to see them! They were the ones from World Market?