Friday, April 13, 2007

Today's Inspiration: Empowerment


I just love my horoscope today! My friend Jersey often reminds me to "fake it 'til you make it" on those days when I am feeling gloomy and don't wanna get out of bed. She's almost always right: once I get moving, acting "as if" I'm positive and feeling strong, those very feelings will soon follow. The fact that I can control those feelings/emotions and how I respond to them. is incredibly empowering to me.

(note: above photo courtesy of Beren)

April 13, 2007
Formidable Empowerment
Leo Daily Horoscope

A sense of empowerment may surge through you today, helping you feel formidable when dealing with others. Even if you don't initially feel it, by projecting self-confidence and inner strength you will convince others. Since they are likely to take you seriously and act accordingly, you may begin to feel the confidence you had previously been only pretending to feel. Confidence and empowerment are mental choices, so you may have to convince yourself by acting as if you already posess the feelings you want to have. Today you are able to convince yourself and others of the truth of your confidence and inner strength.

Positive thinking, the use of affirmations, and our imaginations are powerful tools in building our dreams. When we spend time imagining how success feels, or the joy of sharing our abundance with loved ones, our mind begins to believe it. When we can convince our minds that such things are possible, we have made the first step in making them our reality. As with any energy, this works in the negative as well. This is why it is important to keep our thoughts positive. We have the same power to create and experience negative outcomes as positive ones; it is up to us. As cocreators of the universe and of our lives, we are truly formidable and powerful beings. Today as you affirm that truth and feel it deeply, you are able to convince yourself and others of your power over your happiness and success.


6 comments:

Nan said...

As I read your blog today, Rapunzel, the words of the old song from The King and I came into my head. Simply said, but perfect, I think.

Whenever I feel afraid
I hold my head erect
And whistle a happy tune
So no one will suspect
I'm afraid.

While shivering in my shoes
I strike a careless pose
And whistle a happy tune
And no one ever knows
I'm afraid.

The result of this deception
Is very strange to tell
For when I fool the people
I fear I fool myself as well!

I whistle a happy tune
And ev'ry single time
The happiness in the tune
Convinces me that I'm not afraid.

Make believe you're brave
And the trick will take you far.
You may be as brave
As you make believe you are

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Nan! That song does indeed sum it up. Now I'm going to intentionally summon the lyrics whenever I'm afraid. I love The King and I, btw, actually got to see Yul Brynner perform it live back in the 80's. A fond memory.

Becky L said...

gee, i'd like to have a horoscope that said that.

Rapunzel said...

Becky, I bet dailyom has an equally fabulous horoscope for you! what's your sign, my friend?

Mother of Invention said...

Something like Dr. Phil's, "Behave your way to success". You can create the life you want by saying those thughts out loud or writing them down until they realy do become your thoughts because they seep into your inner consciousness.

Rapunzel said...

Good suggestion, Mother of Invention! Writing them down really gives them more power, doesn't it?