Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Today's Inspiration: Willpower


April 10, 2007
Willpower Partnership
Leo Daily Horoscope
"Today may find you asserting your willpower to accomplish your objectives. By being focused and persistent in the visualization of your goals, you make the first steps toward their creation. Combined with your single-minded actions, you can take the additional steps needed to close the gap between you and your dreams. You may be feeling unrelenting, but there is no need to force the universe to create the life we imagine for ourselves, because it is already on our side. Rather than forcing something into being, we can work with the universe, cooperating in the dance of creation. By not attempting to do everything ourselves, and instead working with the energy of the universe, we are able to make use of the infinite organizing power available to us. Today we work toward our dreams, knowing that focus and trust in the universe are the best possible tools.
"

Wow, today's horoscope really hit me! I have been focused and persistent in my goals lately, especially in relation to my health & weight loss. There comes a time in every process when I feel a shift, a little loosening, the struggle gets just a tiny bit easier. I can see a bit of progress, and then I get into the "zone" where I am determined and much less likely to slide back into bad habits. Usually this happens when I start to see the scale move, it's just enough motivation to keep me going. That's where I am this morning, and it's a really good feeling!

My new favorite inspiration, Steve Pavlina, has something to say about willpower as well, but be sure to check out the rest of his article because he goes on to explain how to make willpower work for you, specifically in the realm of dieting.

What Is Willpower?

Willpower is your ability to set a course of action and say, “Engage!”

Willpower provides an intensely powerful yet temporary boost. Think of it as a one-shot thruster. It burns out quickly, but if directed intelligently, it can provide the burst you need to overcome inertia and create momentum.

Willpower is the spearhead of self-discipline. To use a World War II analogy, willpower would be D-Day, the Normandy Invasion. It was the gigantic battle that turned the tide of the war and got things moving in a new direction, even though it took another year to reach VE Day (Victory in Europe). To make that kind of effort every day of the war would have been impossible.

Willpower is a concentration of force. You gather up all your energy and make a massive thrust forward. You attack your problems strategically at their weakest points until they crack, allowing you enough room to maneuver deeper into their territory and finish them off.

4 comments:

Domestic Chicky said...

Wow...very apropos for me today...adn I am a Leo too!!

Rapunzel said...

Domestic Chicky, thank you for visiting the castle! Another Leo, how fun!

Mother of Invention said...

I need to get moving and keep moving in the direction of not snacking to much and do the losing of 10 little pounds that I really need to lose. I'm on a drug for pain that causes weight gain, so this could be hard!! It's tricky because, I'm diabetic and have to eat to keep from getting low sugar.

Rapunzel said...

Mother of Invention, those last 10 pounds are the hardest! I think the exercise really helps, when I force msyelf to do it.