Saturday, June 30, 2007

Cosmos & Chocolate...Ahhh....


Well, girls, I got my Cosmos and chocolate last night! Beren took me out to a wonderful restaurant on the Intracoastal, we sat there with the balmy breeze cascading over us, reggae music in the background, sipping Cosmos and unwinding from the week. Ahh....I then came home to find that Lily had made S'More brownies which were rich and chocolately, gooey and absolutely decadent! I was in Moontime heaven!

Lily would like you to know that she did not follow Food Network's recipe exactly: after one not-so-good attempt, she made some changes the second time around: she used a brownie mix instead of the homemade brownies (said they tasted terrible) and she made individual cupcakes! Knowing how much I love cupcakes, this worked perfectly for me and it was much easier to handle than trying to cut that gooey marshmallow stuff. Oh! And she substituted marshmallow creme for the mashmallows, said it spread much nicer and didn't burn in the oven. So, there you go! My little Lily is becoming quite the chef!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey -- just move over -- and keep ordering those Cosmos! My fav drinkie --- and of course --- chocolate! And you two look so cute!

Cheers!!! Jan x at Rosemary Cottage (who is being such a blog hag today!)

Rapunzel said...

Jan! I looove it when you stop by the castle! I'm shaking up a Cosmo for you right now, hon, just sit down and grab a brownie cupcake while you wait. :)

Mother of Invention said...

I hear Moon Pies are a big success down in the southern states. I'd never heard of them but I know if they're like S'mores, I'd love them!

Patty said...

I have yet to try a cosmos, might have to have a date night soon and give it a try. Chocolate is good in any food form

Rapunzel said...

Mother of Invention, I am not a fan of moon pies myself but they are popular in the South, yes. Its weird about Florida, we are a "state turned upside down" in that the further north you get, the more southern it is. Here in "South Florida" we have the Cuban influence and lots of New Yorkers but you have to get to Central Florida to feel South, if that makes any sense. LOL

Patty, the thing with Cosmos is you don't need many - I have 2 and I'm feeling pretty good! ;-) Let me know if you try one!

the domestic minx said...

Ah, the Cosmo: Scarlet Woman and Devilish Delilah...
She has led me astray on many an occasion...oh, and I have gone willingly, with bells on...

I'm glad you got your wish, darling...

What a gorgeous picture xx

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Minx, I too will follow that Cosmo Devil-Woman wherever she leads me! She is quite the enticing wench and comes through with whatever lovely fun she promises.