Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Happiness Is...


*an all-afternoon rain storm! The perfect excuse to get stuff done around the house..or take a nap. (I vote for the latter)

*Lily's laughter, haven't heard that in over a week! She's finally starting to feel better, thank goodness.

*the surprise of finding a newly-hatched Monarch butterfly drying her wings in the herb garden, so beautiful!

*glancing out onto the patio and finding a squirrel helping himself to the container of sunflower seeds. Apparently I didn't feel the bird feeder quickly enough for the little guy!

*a new digital camera! Whoo-hoo! I'll be posting some pics as soon as I learn how to use it

8 comments:

Aisling said...

I'll bet I'm almost as excited as you are about your new camera. lol! I can't wait to see that added dimension to your blog (which you know I already love!) :)

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Aisling! I'm a bit intimidated, LOL! I'm sure that with the help of some teenage daughters I'll figure it out. ;)

Susan said...

Congratulations on the camera - can't wait to see what develops (groan!). You of all people know how I feel about squirrels - as Carrie from Sex and the City says, "a squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit"... :-)

Rapunzel said...

Susan, I just quoted that to Beren the other morning! LOL

Patty said...

Wonderful news about the new camera ! Capturing your world forever is such a poetic way to share what you see as beauty.

Rapunzel said...

Patty, now I'm waiting to find something to take pictures of! LOL My kids refuse to allow any sick pictures and I can't blame them. ;) I'm sure that something will present itself soon.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I'm glad Lily is feeling better. Have fun with the new camera!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, SilverNeurotic! I did take a couple of shots yesterday which I'll share sometime this weekend. :)