Thursday, June 21, 2007

Now Playing at the Castle: Evanescence

My friend Aisling inspired me to listen to this band again; I always enjoy their music but have to be in the right mood. It appears that 4:30 on a Thursday morning is the perfect time. *grin* Lily used to really like Evanescence and had a huge poster on her wall; several of her friends commented that I looked like Amy Lee. Ha! I wish!

I really like this part of the lyrics to this song, Sweet Sacrifice:

"It's true, we're all a little insane
but its so clear
now that I'm unchained

fear is only in our minds
taking over all the time
fear is only in our minds but its taking over all the time"


3 comments:

Aisling said...

Rapunzel, Glad you enjoyed listening to Evanescence again (despite the hour!) This song really rocks, doesn't it? It reminds me of the way Heart used to be. Those ladies would sing a lyrical haunting ballad with one song, and then would rev it up quite a few notches and really rock hard on the next. You've got to accept a woman with all of her moods, you know? *grin*

Anonymous said...

OOooooo -- another band (and music) we hold in common! Fascinating -- I love their CDs! Love the dark side ......!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage who has many sides -- and appreciates both shadows and sun .....

the domestic minx said...

Oh you DO look like Amy Lee - and she is gorgeous!!
I love Evanescence!!
I too am in deep with the dark side...