Sunday, July 8, 2007

Boys on the Side


We weren't able to take the girls out on the waverunners yesterday because the little sweeties slept in too late. I can't say that I blame them, as tired as I was as well! Instead we hung around the house for the morning, Beren made a big breakfast and I made the aforementioned chik patty/cheesy zucchini lunch.

The afternoon consisted of me napping while Beren watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Boys on the Side. I just love that film even though it makes me cry every time! I also finished the book I've been reading, Broken for You. Awesome book, really enjoyed it. Now I'm going to be without reading material until I can hit the library tomorrow, yikes!

We went to see Reality Check Band at Cagney's, Strider met us there for a little while. He seemed to enjoy the live band, and seemed very happy and excited about his upcoming nuptials. I wish him all the best. Funny, we were entertaining him while my daughter joined his wife-to-be at her bachelorette party. *grin* Good times had by all!

Today Mike's coming over to start some landscaping work for us, yay! We haven't completely recovered from the hurricanes of 2005, it's time to rebuild! My pool area needs so much work so that's first up on the plan. I can't wait to have my yard back to it's prior beauty.

That's about it for me, I plan to spend the day doing laundry, ironing and maybe watching the pile of Netflix films sitting here. I have an old favorite sitting here, one I haven't seen in years, can't wait to pop it in the dvd player! Exciting stuff, huh?

P.S. Choose wisely when you ask someone in a bar to take your picture, this would've been a good shot if I hadn't blinked, and if she had noticed.

8 comments:

the domestic minx said...

Oh Rapunzel, you still look so gorgeous... with your boys on the side...

xx

Rapunzel said...

Thank you so much, dear Minx! I wish you'd been there, I'd have shared my boys with you. ;-)

Grace said...

You still look great - it reminds me of how cute Samantha on Bewitched was when she'd close her eyes and twitch her nose! LOL

Julie said...

I love mushrooms and am sure I would love that recipe. I must try it!!

Are you trying to lose weight? We recently had a weight loss challenge here at work. Everyone had to put in $50.00 CASH into an envelope and hand it over. You had 6 weeks to lose 15 pounds. If you didn't do it - you lost your money. If you did, you not only got your $50.00's back, but you got to split the losers $$ as well. Yeah - that worked on me. In fact - I lost 17 pounds! I must be cheap..ha hah

Some things that really helped me - NO eating anything after 7pm. I kept tic tacs with me all the time and would eat them inbetween meals. I walked during lunch break.

Rapunzel said...

Julie, I am indeed trying to lose weight..sigh..and not doing such a great job at it. Thank you so much for the suggestions, and congrats on your weight loss! That is wonderful!

Rapunzel said...

Grace, thank you, my friend. ;-)

Lesley said...

Nice to catch up with you again, Rapunzel - you're looking lovely as ever! Are you still a Jane Seymour fan? This is Lesley in England, btw. ;-)

Rapunzel said...

Lesley! So wonderful to have you visit the castle! Thank you for the sweet words. :-) I am indeed still a Jane Seymour fan, hope someday to visit *her* castle over there in your land!