Thursday, July 5, 2007

High Vibes


The fabulous blogger KerrdeLune (Cate) has tagged me for the game of High Vibes! I'm so honored and am thrilled to participate. This has been very interesting to do for myself, and to read the amazing other blogs that have been chosen. There are some wise & wonderful women out there! I discovered that the things that raise my vibes are not unusual or all that interesting, but sometimes it is the simplest things that make life sweeter, don't you agree?

1: Reading
I have escaped into books for as long as I can remember, they have been my friends when I was lonely, entertaining and comforting and teaching me as nothing else can do. Sometimes I get caught up in other parts of my life and start to feel a bit out of sorts, longing for something that I can't name and that's when I know: I am missing my books. Reading isn't just a pleasure, it's a need. Without the written word my soul would surely starve.

2: Writing
When I was a little girl I wasn't good at very many things; I had absolutely no athletic ability, wasn't especially pretty or witty or brilliant..but I did one thing better than anyone else I knew: I could write. I'd write anything and everything- stories and poems and articles, there was always something I was itching to get down on paper. Though my skills have suffered due to lack of use for some years now, blogging has brought the passion back. I am finding once again the talent I thought I'd lost, and it has set my spirit soaring! I feel fresh and alive when I write, there is nothing else like it to raise my vibes.

3: Cuddling
I need physical affection from those I love, we all do. I crave it especially when I'm anxious or upset, that's when I find myself turning to my Sweetie or my children, even my pets. Relaxing into a cuddle, I can feel my breathing slow down, anxiety drifting away, mood lifting. My ex-husband used to rub my head every night while we watched tv..my children would brush my hair before we went to bed...my cat kneads my lap while I read...I don't have sweet dreams without a goodnight kiss from Beren..Ahh...the healing power of touch.

4: Walking
As much as I hate to exercise, once I get out there I am so glad that I did. I love the feeling of my body coming into motion, the slight soreness of my muscles when I'm done, I like to imagine that my body is thanking me for allowing it to stretch and pull, to do what it is meant to do! My favorite place to walk is of course outdoors, soaking up the sights & smells & sounds of nature as I move by body. It truly rejuvenates me body & soul.

5: Gardening
I've come to gardening later in life, never had a green thumb when I was younger. I still don't, honestly, and can't keep a house plant alive no matter how hard I try. However, my butterfly and herb gardens require so little maintenance, they are perfect for me. I usually go out there barefoot and barehanded, want to feel the dirt on my fingers & toes. I feel so connected to Mother Nature at those times, love to come inside dirty yet contented, enjoying the fruits of my labors whether it be a freshly-cut stalk of dill weed or a serrano pepper begging to be added to the evening meal.

I am now tagging:

Letters from a Hill Farm

MorningRamble
Rose Cottage Lane
Spilling Out!
The Quiet Country House

I can't wait to see what raises the vibes of these ladies!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Just ran across your blog and LOVE IT!! I am just getting started with mine, but have a kissing photo of hubby and I as well (in family section) Anyway - just stopping in to say hi to another long haired girl!

Rapunzel said...

Julie, thank you so much for visiting the Castle! I just popped over to your blog as well, it is gorgeous! Leave your welcome mat out for me, please, I plan to visit there quite often! :)

Aisling said...

Rapunzel, Thanks for tagging me. I'll think about it for the next few days and then post my thoughts and my "taggees." Sounds fun and interesting! I love the thoughts you have expressed here. I could add a big "me too" to most of what you wrote!

Grace said...

Wow, thanks very much! This will be an interesting tag for me to think through.

Anonymous said...

Just another note to tell you that Gord (the DH) and I just so enjoy your writings -- a true inspiration. Your vibes match mine so well! ("inspiration" does mean divine breath -- as the divine whispers into your ear) I do believe you are divine!

Jan x whose vibes are down-and-out at Rosemary Cottage -- feeling poorly with a "sticky" chest cold -- and feels like someone is sitting on my chest -- and for once -- it isn't a cat!

Rapunzel said...

Aisling and Grace, I can't wait to see what you come up with! You are both such wonderful writers. :-)

Rapunzel said...

Jan, *blush*, I am so thrilled that you and Dh enjoy my writing! I am still anxiously awaiting the arrival of your own blog. *nag* *nag*

I hope you feel better soon, dear friend! Summer colds are the worst.

Sending cyber-hugs and healing energy...

Cardin said...

Hey there!

Thanks for playing the High Vibes Game! Can't wait to see which posts, from these bloggers you submit to the "high Vibe it" site!

Cardin Lilly
OptimistLab.com
(home of the High Vibes Game)

Mother of Invention said...

Your # 2,3,4 are the same as mine but I'll be doing different ones for the others soo. Have had a guest for the weekend and haven't done anything in blogland.

I'm loving your recipes!

Rapunzel said...

Mother of Invention, I can't wait to read your High Vibes! :-)

so glad you're enjoying the recipes, have a great weekend!