Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm a Schmoozer!


Be still, my heart! The fabulous Domestic Minx has nominated me for a blogger award! *swoon* Thank you, Dear Minxy, I am flattered to accept this Power of Schmooze label and will display it proudly here at the Castle!

schmooze (shmz) Slang
v.intr.
To converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.


Now, it is my turn to share the wealth and pass along the honor to 5 worthy bloggers. But, which ones? There are so many lovely schmoozing ladies and gents out there! Ok, using the definition of schmooze above, I nominate:

JoJo at Are We There Yet? She is a new friend and I am thrilled to have "met" her! She's honest and raw and oh-so-real. I love this about her!

My dear friend Susan at Optimistic Voices because she is lovely and southern and is the best schmoozer I have ever met! This woman never, ever takes no for an answer and you find yourself groveling at her Birkenstock-clad feet and thanking her for it.

Daisy Cottage...sigh...I just want to curl up on Kim's sofa and take a nice long nap, knowing that while I was asleep she'd tuck the covers over me and tiptoe off to prepare a delicious post-nap treat.

Rachel at Lusty Lady and Cupcakes take the Cake because..well..one peek at her blogs and you'll know why. Between her fabulous cupcakes and other "attributes," I daresay I'd follow this gorgeous gal just about anywhere. She is positively yummy!

And you know what? I'm going to break the rules here as well and award "Jan from Rosemary Cottage" because even though she doesn't yet have a blog, she is one of the favorite posters at my blog! She says such sweet things to me and is so supportive, I adore her! Someday soon she's going to start her own blog and as soon as she moves in she'll have an award to place on her own mantle.

So, here are the Schmoozer Rules, according to Minxy:

1. If you are the recipient of The Power of Schmooze Award, write a post with links to 5 blogs that have schmoozed you into submission.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the award.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Power of Schmooze Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (there is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).

I can't wait to read more schmoozin'!

Thank you again, dear Minx! xoxoxox

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

What a hoot and an honor at the same time... and it even comes in silver (my fave as you very well know) - thanks so much!

I will devote my blog topic tomorrow to the power of Southern schmooze, an art form unto itself - bless your heart... <3

Jojo said...

Well, I'll be...thank you so much! You really are awesome....I'll work on my Award post...Thank you sweetie! I'm really glad I found your blog, I can hargly go through a day without a visit!
;-) jojo

Anonymous said...

Dearest!

Thank you so much for thinking about me too! An honor to be included in such a great list of bloggers. My sister is here for a visit so I'll be off-and-on-again with my messages. We'll be hitting the Fun shops like T.J. Maxx, Marshalls etc. and the thrift stores for the bargain clothes and goodies ....and then partying at night .... just hope I can hold up my end (considering thats a heavy load! LOL!)

Jan x at a very hot and sticky Rosemary Cottage. Sister is in the pool -- and I'm making salad for a party with the next-door neighbours. Cheers!