Thursday, July 12, 2007

Shopping Woes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've said it before, I hate to shop. Somehow when they handed out this girly gene I was standing in another line..the smartass line perhaps. I especially hate to shop when I am on a mission, when there is something I must have by a certain deadline, usually tomorrow. I truly despiste mall shopping, and when I must trudge through the stores I prefer to do it solo. Since my girls have been old enough, they have done their school shopping alone. My family & friends call me for the fun stuff, treasure hunting I call it..you know, thrift stores, TJ Maxx, consignment shops, etc. Otherwise, they realize I am simply not good company and would rather take my credit card but leave me at home.

So, guess what I have to do today? I am taking my daughters to the mall to shop for dresses for a wedding that we must attend on Saturday. Did I mention that this is the wedding of my ex-husband? And that I am 20 pounds overweight?

This is so not going to be a good day.

6 comments:

LadyTerri said...

I must admit I love to shop!!! it's terrible but money just burns a hole in my pocket!

the domestic minx said...

Unlike you, dear Rapunzel, I LOVE shopping.
However, all of the above sounds like one of my worst nightmares. There is nothing more horrid than looking for something by a deadline!! Let alone all the other grisly details of your venture. It sounds like a vile vendetta.
I do wish you luck...

I am escaping my confinement today and heading out to the shops with my darling Mum. I am feeling less uncomfortable but am now coming down with the flu!! Will it ever end!!! sniff...

(PS: Please visit my site again, darling. I hadn't quite completed my other task when you visited previously and there is something for you in "The Schmoozer" xxxxx)

Nan - said...

You are beautiful, my friend, and don't you forget it. :<)

And I love to shop. Any store makes me happy except an automotive supply store. :<)

Please do post photos of what you bought!v

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, my friends! I was very fortunate in that I went to one store and came away with two dresses, the necessary undergarments and one sexy lingerie set. (it was on sale, I couldn't resist!) I will definitely post pics after the wedding.

xoxoxo

P.S. Minxy! I just visited and am happily trudging back to the castle with my award! Thank you so much!

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Oooh la la! - congratulations on your purchases. Can't wait to see them, as I'm sure they're equally lovely - looking forward to hearing stories, stories about the wedding as well... :-)

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

The only kind of shopping I enjoy is book shopping. Any other kind...I really have to be in the mood.