Thursday, August 2, 2007

Broken-Hearted

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No, not me, but someone very close to me..her heart is just shattered in pieces and I don't know how to help her. I just stand by helplessly watching her cry, such a horrible feeling. How do you explain to someone that even though you feel as if you're going to die, that there is no way through this, you'll never feel better..you will. Each day your heart will heal just a bit more, you'll come out of the darkness step by step, and one day the only thing left from this experience will be a tiny little soreness, a tender spot that hurts when you think of him.

Really, honey, this is true. And on the other side I assure you that you'll find someone so much better, someone who loves & appreciates you for the amazing young woman that you are. Just wait, you'll see. I promise. In the meantime, I am here for whatever you need - I'll listen, I'll hug, I'll love. I hope through all of this you'll remember how many more people out there love you, how insignificant this one boy is..how blind he must be if he can't see the beauty in you. You will be ok, you will be better than ok...you will come out stronger and smarter and happier in the end.

Please don't forget how much you are cherished, adored, and treasured..you are the middle-of-my-heart.

4 comments:

Aisling said...

Aw, poor sweetheart. I know you'll say and do just the right thing. hugs to you and your girl!

Mother of Invention said...

I wish this peson speedy healing of the heart. Break-ups are so hard. You feel like the rug's been puled from under you and your whole world.

Julie said...

Hummm - I guess burning him at the stake is out of the question??? ha ha..

Seriously - how many of us have been in this exact same position...most if not all! Just be there for her is all you can do and that is so much more than most will be willing to do.

BTW - I have tried several time to pull your blog over the last couple of days and it just froze my computer...?? I wanted to tell you that I did your high school questions and then I was tagged to do another one as well.

Have a great weekend!

the domestic minx said...

Wishing your darling friend so much love and strength.
My heart goes out to her in a big hug.

Sometimes just being there is the most wonderful thing you can do...


xox