Wednesday, August 15, 2007

An Interview with Rapunzel



I am absolutely delighted that the lovely Domestic Minx has agreed to interview me for this meme! I admit that, knowing her devilish ways, I was a bit nervous about what questions she might raise but she promised to be gentle. So, here we go!

1. Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!!
You do enjoy this rather a lot, don't you? But do
tell, what would be your favourite way of 'letting
down your hair?'


My favorite way to let down my hair involves chardonnay, music, and a sexy man, not necessarily in that order. I truly love to go out to dive bars and listen to heart-pounding live music, it is so invigorating to me, wakes up all of my senses! A bit of wine loosens me up and sometimes gets me dancing, and then of course when I return home there are other physical activities I like to indulge in. *wink*

2. Fairytales contain much wisdom and truth within
their pages. What, dear girl, would be the moral of
your story?


Well, as we all know, Rapunzel suffered in that tower for years and years, alone and unloved. Then the poor thing was cast out and secluded in the barren desert until the blind Prince finally discovered her and they both were healed. If you know anything about the story of myself and Beren, it's rather a similar fairy tale, is it not? We met, were lost to each other for years, and now..a happy ending. The moral of the story for me is a simple one: Don't give up on love. (You know what a romantic I am!)


3. You are as luminous as a Goddess and, with so
many of these lovely women within your diary, who
would you say has been your Muse, and why?


Why thank you for the compliment, dear Minxy! *blush*
The Goddess Artemis has inspired and guided me for about 10 years now, and it is to her I feel the closest. Though she bears little resemblance to me (she is childless and celibate, for goodness' sakes!), I so admire her strength & independence, and I do share her affinity for all things wild & unencumbered. She is often depicted with my totem animal, the wolf. (By the way, Beren has promised that we will visit Artemis' temple in Greece one day, have you been there, my friend?)

4. There is a virtual feast on your hearth that
tantalizes my tastebuds! Pray tell, what is The
Perfect Menu?


The perfect menu to me consists of strong flavors & various textures, must delight the tastebuds as well as other senses. I would start the meal with endless amounts of wine, crusty good bread and cheese..Brie is my absolute favorite. Then would come lobster tail, perfectly prepared and dripping with butter. On the side, perhaps some roasted asparagus spears, dipped in olive oil, eaten with ones fingers of course. Dessert must be rich, dark chocolate...devil's food cake comes to mind, topped with real whipped cream, chocolate-covered strawberries on the side. Of course this meal must be enjoyed with a romantic companion, accompanied by soft music and flickering candlelight. Clothing is optional.

5. Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble!
I fear you have cast a spell on me! If you
were to cast another, what would it be?


Dearest Minx, it is surely you who have bewitched me with your lovely words and charming personality, not to mention your physical beauty! But, should I wish to return the enchantment, I would cast upon you a flying spell, conjure up a wickedly fast besom so that you could join me here at the castle whenever your heart desires! What delicious merriment we would make, no? Between shopping, dining, drinking, dancing, frolicking in the sunshine and surf...sigh...just where is that spellbook of mine?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, perhaps someone would like me to return the punishment..I mean, er..favor and interview them? If so, here are your instructions:

1. Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (Oh yes, I get to pick the questions.)
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment, asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Fun,fun!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh sounds fun.

And it was oh so enlightening about you!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Jen! I guess my answers were a bit..spicy..but if you peek at Domestic Minx's blog you'll see that she brings that out in her readers! ;-)

the domestic minx said...

Oh how you cast a spell, darling Rapunzel!!
Positively delicious! Sweet and spicy! And I don't refer simply to the menu!!
What a beautiful woman you are, so filled with imagination, intelligence, inspiration and always the flickering flame of hope!
A Goddess indeed.
I do so wish your spell could be cast!!
Love and light!
xox