Friday, August 17, 2007

Wolf Song


I am sitting at a Starbucks in Ft. Myers, spent a fabulous morning with my wolves. *sigh* I was allowed to go into some of the pens alone this time, was treated to wolf kisses and hugs, swear they remember me from last month! Absolutely nothing compares to sitting in their den while one of them starts howling, watching them raise those majestic heads and join the whole sanctuary in an incredible wild chorus. There is such a sense of peace there..when the work was done I sat on the front bench and chatted with the owner, listened to soft instrumental music and just breathed. What a lovely, lovely start to my birthday weekend!

2 comments:

Aisling said...

What an amazing way to spend a morning! A very happy birthday to you, Rapunzel. I hope it is a truly wonderful year ahead! hugs!

Laura Stamps said...

Happy Birthday Leo Cat!! I know exactly how you feel. I always consider myself so blessed to be in feral cat rescue. Yes, it is a lot of work, but nothing can compare to the peace I feel when I am among the cats at feeding time or whenever. Time stops, and it's just me and the cats and the faeries, and so much love flowing all over the place. You can't beat it!!

Sending many faery hugs your way!!