Saturday, September 8, 2007

Driven to Distraction

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


For reasons I'd rather not go into, I've had an incredibly stressful couple of days. I'm ok, but am totally drained emotionally and physically (probably not good to lose 3 lbs in 2 days, is it?) and need a break. Usually I make myself crazy analyzing and trying to fix things RIGHT NOW, but not this time. I realize that the soulsearching and subsequent problem-solving can come later...the issues will be there ...after I take a long hot shower with some yummy new bath gel...after I put on my Kitchen Witch apron and prepare my famous Triple Bean and Artichoke Salad for K & K's engagement party....after I sit in front of the tv with a healthy lunch and perhaps a small glass of chardonnay...after Chip and I celebrate the afore-mentioned couple at their gathering tonight...later...all of that will come later. For now, I am diverting my attention elsewhere...what I need right NOW is some alone time to nourish body & mind & spirit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time at the engagement party! I know you will look just wonderful -- and be light and happy! Many bright blessings on the engaged couple!

Jan x at Rosemary Cottage

Laura Stamps said...

Much love to you! I wondered how things have been going for you lately in view of our last email exchange. Be good to yourself and seek joy...xoxoxoxo!

Best Witches for a glorious, faery-filled day. :)

the domestic minx said...

Oh darling,
I do hope all is well!!!
You have been in my thoughts.

Sending you lots of love and light.

Kisses too!

xox

Mother of Invention said...

You have the right approach. Things have a way of working out and it's best not to get too uptight about life's curves and ups and downs. Hope things even out and you feel less stress.