I don't normally cook on Mondays, we usually just munch on leftovers or grab something prepared from the freezer. Today, however, I feel like making something filling for my girls; they've been living on leftover party fare since the weekend and have to be sick of it by now!
Broccoli-noodle Casserole Recipe
I like to use whole wheat, yolk-free noodles, low-fat soup, mayo and cheese in this dish to make it more healthy.
* * 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli
* * 8 ounces medium egg noodles
* * 2 eggs, beaten
* * 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
* * 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
* * 1 cup mayonnaise
* * 2 tablespoons minced onion
* * 1/2 cup milk
* * cracker crumbs
1. Cook the broccoli according to the package directions; drain. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions; drain. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and milk. Add the broccoli.
3. In a greased 2-1/2-quart casserole, make several alternating layers of broccoli, sauce, and noodles, beginning and ending with broccoli. Top with cracker crumbs. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot.