I have most of the Thanksgiving leftovers out of my house, will serve the last of them today for lunch and then toss the rest. Since I am sick of "meat & potatoes" and ready for some new flavors, this Real Simple ravioli recipe sounds perfect! I'll serve regular pasta sauce alongside for those who don't like walnuts, will make fresh steamed broccoli as well.
Cheese Ravioli with Toasted Walnuts
* One 14- 16 ounce package cheese ravioli
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 1 clove garlic sliced
* 1 cup walnuts roughly chopped
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* Kosher salt and pepper
* 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and walnuts. Cook, stirring until the nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the parsley, and the reserved cooking water.
4. Add the ravioli and toss to coat.
5. Divide among individual plates and sprinkle with the Parmesan.