Thursday, November 22, 2007

On My Thanksgiving Hearth: Stuffed Mushrooms

I'm doing quite a few things differently this year, implementing some new recipes and adding new folks to my guest list! We are fortunate to have Beren's girls with us for the first time, as well as Kevin's whole family! There will be 14 of us for dinner this afternoon and I am thrilled! The more the merrier, just open up another bottle of wine and set up another card table in the dining room.

My friend Steph shared her Stuffed Mushrooms recipe with me, just put those babies in the oven and they smell awesome! It's kind of cool because I'm making several dishes that come from each of our various heritages: Kali and Kevin are both quite a bit Italian. So, here goes, I'm copying the instructions word for word as Steph relayed them to me:

Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients:

Mushrooms (as many as you wish)
Breadcrumbs
Mozzarella
Grated Cheese
Olive Oil
Parsley
Garlic (of course!)

Peel shrooms (the worse part of the making), pull stem out (save or throw away), soak shrooms for 15-20 minutes in a bowl. Throw breadcrumbs, grated cheese, parsley, garlic and any other jazz you might want to use. Taste, make sure it tastes delish, then stuff the shrooms.

Once stuffed, put a dab of olive oil on each, bake for about 20-20 minutes on 350. Sneak one in your mouth, if you think it's ready to your liking, put slice mozzarella on each, back in the oven, not long, just until melted. Then, pig out!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Happy Thanksgiving! - our company just left so I'm finally sitting down to sip one last glass of wine before I tackle the dishes...

Loved reading the recipes to all your new food offerings (especially the Brussel Sprouts) - sounds right up my culinary alley...

Much love and bountiful blessings from my family to yours - we most certainly have much for which to be grateful... <3