Saturday, January 5, 2008

Seven Random Things

I have been remiss in posting/reading blogs lately and am embarrassed that I am just now discovering that I've been tagged for a Meme! Wonderful Cate at Beyond the Fields We Know tagged me weeks ago for the Seven Random Things Meme, so here goes!

The rules are as follows :

* link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
* share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
* tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
* let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1) When I was a little girl I wanted to be a go-go dancer. I wanted long, platinum blonde hair and white boots. My Mom indulged me with the boots, Grandma bought me a wig, but am sure they all breathed a sigh of relief when I gave up the dancer idea. I did, however, walk around topless as often as possible - one of my favorite pics is of me at 4 years old wearing nothing but panties and cowboy boots.

2) I love to iron. Seriously. There is something incredibly therapeutic about steaming & pressing out the wrinkles.

3) I was an animal rights activist when I was a teenager. Thanks to a campaign by teen heartthrob Robby Benson I learned about the harp seal hunt and became obsessed with saving seals. Every book report & speech I did in middle school had something to do with the seals and/or animal rights. I sent petitions, wrote to the Prime Minister, etc. etc. I was teased relentlessly about it, you know how cruel kids can be. I didn't care. To this day friends & family will gift me with stuffed toys, ornaments, etc. of my precious baby seals.

4) I like my height. Really do. I am completely comfortable at 5'2" and have never desired to be taller. I always said that it opened up my dating possibilities and I could wear heels as high as I like without a problem.

5) I am incredibly, some would say overly, sensitive. I feel too much, think too much, am simply "too much"..at least for some people. For those who appreciate and accept even if they don't understand me, I am just right.

6) I would keep my Christmas decorations up for another month or so if I could get away with it. That's a new thing for me, just over the past couple of years. I find that I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season I can't really appreciate the lights & decorations. Now, when the girls are sleeping and I have the house to myself, I am sitting with a fresh mug of coffee enjoying the shiny lights & flickering candles. It's so peaceful and just lovely. I do have white lights that I keep up on my patio year round, and Beren added a string of colored lights along some plants that line the back of my house which I believe are staying as well. Why not? We can keep some sparkle year round can't we?

7) I love vegetables. With a passion. I have yet to meet a vegetable I didn't like. From asparagus to zucchini, they are all fabulous! This year I intend to eat more of them and less of the less-healthy things that I don't really enjoy anyway.

Now, I am going to break the rules here a bit because I'm not going to tag anyone specifically. I've been out of the loop for so long, I don't feel comfortable tagging anyone but I will say this: Consider yourself all tagged if you choose to be, and if you post this meme on your blog please leave me a note here and let me know. I'd love to learn some random things about my friends!

1 comment:

Mother of Invention said...

I am too overwhelming for some people too,very feeling and way too sensitive...I'm intense.

Sometimes I like ironing but not for hours.