Friday, January 11, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In


Here is a picture of me taken December 14 of last year at my office holiday party, I was at my highest non-pregnant weight ever. Not great, right? But that was then, and now it's a new year, time for fresh starts. I understand that the number 8 is all about new beginnings so it seems a perfect time to make necessary and desired changes in my life. Weight loss is just one of them, but more of that later.

So, today I went to my Weight Watchers meeting, one week after re-joining. It's been a rather tough week stress-wise and I'm sure I made some less-than-perfect food choices as a result of that but all in all I thought I'd done pretty well. I focused on whole foods, lots of fresh fruits & veggies, and tried to keep the snacking to a minimum, especially at night. I drank tons of water and a bit less wine than I would've liked to...grin..and apparently my hard work paid off because the scale showed a 3.6 pound loss! Whoo-hoo! It's a really good start, I think, but I realize that it's not a practical weekly loss; from here on I will be lucky to get rid of 2 pounds a week. Since there are 23 weeks until Kali's wedding, even if I lose only 1 pound per week I'll be in great shape!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy today, TGIF!!

P.S. Hope you all don't mind, I'm going to post about my weight loss journey here instead of my other blog, just feel the need to pull different aspects of my life together right now rather than compartmentalize.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way (weigh) to go!! Very well done indeed -- and I'm sure you'll be a gorgeous MOB (mother of the Bride) -- and of course -- have several outfits ready to go for all of the parties around the wedding!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage who will be joining your quest in a few days

Mother of Invention said...

Great beginnings! You'll be inspirational to me, I'm sure. I seem to have trouble losing just 10 in total!

Rapunzel said...

Jan, thank you! I have just received my dress, ordered it online from a vintage-inspired site. It's a bit snug now but will be perfect after a few lbs down!

MOI, weight loss is so hard, especially the last 10 pounds!

Jen said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I've been trying to cut my portions in half, and I've lost 5lbs in the last 2 weeks. Sometimes its hard to stay motivated though, because I have a serious love interest in food.

Julie said...

Yeah - I can come over here and cheer you on since you have done the same for me. I usually only post my weight on Mondays. You can do it!!!