Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bread is the Devil



According to the scale this morning, I am down another pound, making my total weight loss 8.2 pounds so far. Not a ton of weight over 2 months but slower is better I'm told.

The biggest reason I am losing again after a short plateau is painful to admit: I have broken up with bread. And pasta. And chips, pretzels and any other "dry carb" with the exception of 94% fat-free popcorn in moderation. As much as I love those things and should be able to have them on WW and still lose weight, I can't. They trigger me to eat more and truly seem to metabolize differently in my system. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not on a low-carb diet, am just following Weight Watcher's CORE which encourages healthy amounts of the right carbs. Bread is not one of those.



I learned this lesson once before, 5 years ago when I dropped 20+ pounds, wish I'd stuck to it and not allowed the evil back into my life! Hopefully this time I can stick to my guns and resist the temptation for good.

2 comments:

silverneurotic said...

Carbs are my downfall as well. Every time I turn around I'm being tempted by some kind of bread or pasta.

Teacats said...

Me too! Me too! Lovely warm bread and rolls (and fresh butter) of so many kinds resemble cavorting demons in my feeble brain! Still can't do without them ..... but my weight is still up .... soooooo it just may be that time here too! Sheesh!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage who starting to resemble a stack of rolls herself ......