Thursday, March 13, 2008
On My Hearth: Baked Tilapia
Tonight I'm making another tasty recipe from Family Circle magazine. This is a reader recipe, submitted by Libby Hilsenrath of Chatham, NJ.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: at 425 degree F for 15 minutes
* 18 Ritz crackers
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 4 tilapia fillets, about 1-1/2 pounds total
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* Lemon wedges, optional
* Jarred tartar sauce, optional
1. Heat oven to 425 degree F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Crush crackers in a plastic bag. Add cheese, oil and basil. Shake to combine.
3. Place tilapia on prepared baking sheet. Brush top side of each piece with about
1/2 tablespoon of the mustard and season with the salt and pepper. Press the cracker mixture onto the mustard-coated side of the fillets.
4. Bake at 425 degree F for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce, if desired.