Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Big Day - Part 3

Just a few more wedding pics, they are slowly trickling in from friends & family - I can't wait til the professional shots are ready but these will tide me over until then.


The ceremony - if you look closely you can see me over to the far right, had a perfect view and never took my eyes off Kali..sigh...


The Father-Daughter Dance - I held my emotions quite nicely until this moment, then the tears were just streaming down my face


The Bride Cuts the Cake


The Getaway Car - a 1936 Ford that we were fortunate enough to borrow from my Dad's boss! Isn't it amazing?!


6 comments:

Teacats said...

LOVELY!!! Just wonderful photos -- what a pretty ceremony -- and the photo by the classic car is gorgeous! Love the bridesmaids' dresses too! Details? Looks like a shade of pink?

Jan at Rosemary Cottage -- yes -- I am a nosy old cat about the details! LOL!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Looks like you put on a wonderful wedding!

Rapunzel said...

Jan, not nosy at all, I love to tell about it! LOL

The dresses were a coral color with black piping.

Rapunzel said...

My sweet & saucy, and thank you for visiting me here at the castle! :-)
Stop by again anytime.

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Such an amazing evening - the bride was absolutely stunning, the groom charming, the ceremony meaningful, the first dance adorable, the best man's toast the perfect blend of humor and sentiment, the food scrumptious, and the music eclectic (Rock Lobster!).

Loved the vintage hairstyles, makeup and dresses - you were in your element, as the beamingly-proud and radiantly-beautiful mother-of-the-bride... <3

We were delighted to be there to share in the joy - can't wait to catch up one-on-one after you've regrouped... :-)

Rapunzel said...

Susan, I am thrilled that you were able to share this special day with us! You've been such a big part of my family for years now, it wouldn't have been the same without you!

xoxoxo