Ok, this eating leftovers is lovely but I can't stand being out of my kitchen any longer, I have to cook something!
Since I have some fresh broccoli that is threatening to brown, and a box of sea shell pasta in the pantry, I'm going to throw this little dish together tonight. I love that I have everything but the sun dried tomatoes in the house, will just use some fresh tomatoes as a substitution.
The recipe came from my box of Muellers Sea Shell pasta but is not available on the website:
* 16 ounces muellers sea pasta shells (or other brand, or your favorite noodle)
* 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, uncooked
* 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 4 garlic cloves, mince or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
* 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped fine
* 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
* 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
* 1 cup parmesan cheese
* salt and pepper
1. Cook sea shells to package directions, adding broccoli the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
2. Drain, cover, and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a larg skillet; add garlic, basil rosemary, and sun dried tomatoes.
4. Cook 1 minute.
5. Add wine and reduce by 1/2. Add broth.
6. Toss broccoli and shells with broth mixture and stir until heated through.
7. Add cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.