Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happiness Is...

A Friday afternoon of necessary errands, peppered with enough fun to keep running around in the Florida heat bearable..



First a stop at a new-to-me vintage shop which, although I adore the name, the door sign and the premise, I couldn't find a single truly vintage thing in my price range. (I don't want to spend $10.00 and up for 1980's sunglasses..and hey, since when are the 80's vintage??)





Cocktail hour w/some wildlife at one of our favorite dining spots. If you hang here long enough you forget that this fabulous restaurant is actually attached to a glorified fishing store! (My Dad's company did the steelwork for it, so that makes me especially proud to sit in the bar and gaze up at the exposed beams!)



Pumping up on the way home..gulp...despite the exorbitant price of gas, the promise of some wet ski weekend fun is well worth it!



Saturday morning on the patio sipping screwdrivers made of fresh-squeezed orange juice, courtesy of Kali's unique Florida-ish wedding centerpieces. Ahh...the weekend is off to a fan-tabulous start!

4 comments:

Teacats said...

Looks like a really fun weekend -- enjoy! Next time around -- try the classic Harvey Wallbanger drinkies -- orange juice, vodka and Galliano (it floats on top of the drink!) ........ very nice way to start the day! Invented in 1952!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage ((where we really really need some rain! please send along drenching rainy thoughts LOL!))

Rapunzel said...

Jan, I have never had a Harvey Wallbanger, how is that possible? *grin* I'll definitely add it to my list, sounds yummy!

We need the rain so desperately, too, perhaps a little rain dance is in order? ;-)

kim said...

The 80's? Vintage? *crys*

Rapunzel said...

Kim, I know, LOL! Even my kids who were born in the late 80's/early 90's had a chuckle over that! What does constitute "vintage?" I'll have to google that..