Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy


Yesterday we celebrated Fathers Day with most of our blended family including Beren's girls, my dad, Kali's dad, and Kali's cousin who just arrived from NJ for the wedding.

We had a nice lunch at a favorite Italian restaurant, shared pizza and laughter, tried not to think about Mom's absence and the fact that she was not feeling well enough to attend.

Today is my Dad's birthday, yet instead of partying and blowing out candles we are going to be sitting in a doctor's office discussing Mom's condition. I am hoping that we leave there this afternoon with some good news, a bright spot so that my dad can enjoy his special day just a little bit.

Happy Birthday, Daddy. I love you.

3 comments:

Aisling said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad. I will keep your family, especially your Mom, in my thoughts to day. I'm heading out to the garden just now and will send some prayers up into the misty morning air.

much love,
Aisling

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! I hope the appointment goes well today, your mom will be in my thoughts.

Rapunzel said...

Thank you so much, Aisling & Jen.