Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kitten Love

Last night Beren and I headed out to a much-anticipated event, one I'd had on my calendar for quite some time - a Bombshell Revival Party at a little "vintage" shop called Two of Hearts. In light of this, and inspired by The Vintage Housewife, I informed Beren that for the rest of the evening he was to call me Kitten, and I would refer to him as Daddy-O. He laughed his ass off but he always indulges my whims, part of the reason I adore my fun-loving man. Well, we got there a bit early, they were just tapping the keg and setting up, so we had time to wander into a cute little thrift shop next door. It was there that I found this adorable cigar box purse!


In case you can't tell, it is a NYC-inspired purse, isn't that just the best?! Since Beren is taking me to the Big Apple for my birthday next month, I just had to have it! I walked out of there $11.00 poorer with a big ol' smile on my face!

So, we had a beer and watched a few local pin-ups arrive, ooh-ed and ahh-ed over the shop's fabulous selection of Sailor Jerry items, then headed home to find...


a new baby! This precious little feline was bouncing all over Lily's bed, zipping around her room the way only 8-week old kittens can do. Now, this is not, I repeat NOT, our kitten, is in no way going to stay at the Castle! We have enough critters to care for, this one is just visiting until Lily's boyfriend can get a place set up for him at his house. Really. So with my sternest face I reached out and petted the little cutie pie, reminding Lily once again that this was only a temporary arrangement...and then...you know, I had to lie down on the bed next to him, just to get a closer look of course..at which point he came over to me, put his tiny kitten paws on my face, started purring...leaned down and kissed my mouth repeatedly. Awww.....I am such a sucker for kitten kisses! But still, he is absolutely not staying here! No way, no how. I am putting my foot down I tell you!



(What do you all think we should name him?)


8 comments:

Curvaliscious said...

Hi there thanks so much for your note on my blog I am glad that you enjoy it! I will certainly have to come back and read yours when I have more time :)

The kitty is adorables by the way.

Teacats said...

Laughed about the invasion of the Cute Kitten -- I could never tunr away such a cutie-pie adorable face! So what are you naming the bewitching little soul -- Warlock? How about Pan? Bacchus? Herne? Your vintage-party-night sounds divine -- and your trip to the Big Apple is a wonderful gift!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

emi said...

cute

kim said...

His ears are so big! I agree with Teacats..Pan would be a cute name for that cutie.

Rapunzel said...

Curvaliscious, thank you for stopping by the castle, hope to see you again soon!

Rapunzel said...

Jan, I love those name suggestions! Alas, the little darling went "home" last night but I am hopeful that he'll visit again sometime. I'm not sure if the kids decided upon a name, will keep you posted!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

BUT OOOOOH OF COARSE KITTEN...DADDY-O SHOULD ALWAYS INDULGE IN A LIL' KITTEN TALK...HOW ADORABLE...THANK YOU FOR THE POST AND PUTTIN' THIS GALS NAME OUT THERE...LOVE LOVE LOVE THE RED TABLES...OOOH LIPSTICK RED MY FAVORITE...UM THE KITTY...TOM CAT, OR HOT ROD KITTY! HEEE HEE! THANKS FOR ALWAYS STOPPIN' BY THIS KITTENS PLACE...CAT^..^

Jen said...

He's adorable. And look at the size of those ears. Of course you are keeping him.

I vote for naming him Nuada the Celtic god of fishing.