Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lovely Linen Closet

With the wedding festivities complete and the happy couple off on their honeymoon, I've had a bit of time to catch up on things around the Castle which has been sorely neglected for a few weeks (months?).


Monday evening I was perusing a magazine and came upon this article from Family Circle magazine. The above picture so struck me that I decided to tear apart my girls' linen closet which was an absolute mess!

Bright and early yesterday morning I trekked over to Target, loaded up my cart with some pretty storage containers and was on my way. (I also made a quick stop at the garden department but more about that another time).

A few hours (and 6 loads of laundry) later my linen closet went from this:



to this:





While it's not exactly like the magazine pic (I really don't like my towels rolled), I think it's darned close and soooo much better than before! What a pleasure to open the door and not be greeted with clutter and empty shelves. As you can see, Jezebel has been enjoying it as well! You know, I am loving this closet so much, I'm tempted to just leave the door open so that everyone can walk by and see it's cuteness!

Now I'm all excited and motivated to spruce up some more..hmm...which area should be next?!

6 comments:

Teacats said...

An excellent project -- well done indeed! There is something so satisfying about cleaning out -- and cleaning up a closet. I always feel a sense of "lightness" and of course -- there IS that instant staisfaction everytime you open the door -- and find what you need! BTW -- when looking for closet organizing elements -- do check out Big Lots. Found some very handy items there too!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Jan, I had forgotten about Big Lots and there's one just minutes from my house! :-)

Aisling said...

Rapunzel, I know what you mean about wanting to leave the door open. I felt like that when I repainted and organized my linen closet last year. It still looks pretty good, amazingly. Yours looks really, really pretty!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Aisling! I know what a fabulous homemaker you are from the few pics I've seen of your lovely home. :-) The sense of accomplishment from these small tasks is wonderful, isn't it?

Karla said...

WOW - Love it! Looks like Miss Jezebel approves of your hard work too.

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Karla! I actually thought of YOU when I was doing it. :-)