Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update on Mom


I have avoided this post because somehow putting it here in writing makes it even more real, but I need to get it out there so here goes: My Mom indeed has cancer..in "various locations," and therefore inoperable. We are not sure the type or the definite origin but the surgeon who did the biopsy suspects that it started in the lung. At this point we are scrambling to make an appointment with an oncologist so that we can determine the course of treatment so once again we are in wait & see mode.

Mom seems to be doing ok at the moment, I think she is processing the news in her own quiet way. My dad and I are in pro-active mode because it helps to DO something instead of succumbing to feelings of powerless that threaten to overtake us. I'm researching, he's making phone calls, we are both trying to hold it together and stay strong, remain positive.

I ask again for your thoughts/prayers/healing energy as well as any and all information you may have on how to beat this horrible disease. We are willing to consider all options, both western medicine and alternative/holistic. Whatever it takes.

My dear friend Aisling asked if I would post a picture of my Mom so that she can visualize her in prayer so I'm including one above. As I said before, her name is Phyllis..I'm sure the God/dess recognizes her as one of earth's most precious angels...we just pray and plead that she stay with us a bit longer because we truly need her here on earth...ok God? Please?

10 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

Thanks for your visit and lovely comment!

I just got caught up on your posts...you have beautiful and accomplished daughters!
Your mom and dad look wonderful so it's hard to believe she has cancer. I will certainly pray and hope for the best possible outcome. Cancer is indeed unfair and God is on our side on that one.
It's good that your new friend is a nurse and can help you get a grip on the facts.

silverneurotic said...

I am terribly sorry about your mother. I will definitely be keeping her in my thoughts and am sending some good vibes your (and her) way.

Rapunzel said...

Mother of Invention, thank you so much for your kinds words. Your blog is a welcome respite from the stresses of daily life, I've missed visiting you. :-)

Rapunzel said...

Silver, thank you so much for your thoughts and positive vibes, it means a lot to me.

Aisling said...

Thank for posting the photo. She looks sweet and dear, and I will pray for her strength and healing.

hugs,
Aisling

kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear. Lots of love and healing light!

Ivy Hogan said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My dad is sick (kidney disease) and I know just how hard it is to feel powerless against a disease.

If you ever need to vent or talk, I'm just an email away: badbadivy at gmail dot com.

Rapunzel said...

Ivy, thank you so much, I will certainly take you up on that offer! It helps to "talk" to someone who is in the same boat, you know?

I hope your father is doing well.

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I'm dealing with the same thing right now. It's hard to write about isn't it. Have you seen the gal from Crazy Sexy Cancer? She is very inspiration. Blessing on your mother and your family.

Rapunzel said...

Apron Thrift Girl, please feel free to email me if you want to chat..I think it helps to have someone to talk to who is going through the same things. Hugs to you..