Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happiness Is...

*picking fresh basil from my garden for a little afternoon snack: Wasa light crisp crackers topped with Laughing Cow Light cheese, tomato slices, a sprinkling of sea salt and basil...delicious!


*a computer "assistant" who helps me write my blog!

*a lunchtime visit with my Aunt who is here from Ohio. She's one of my favorite shopping companions so I can't wait to hit the thrift stores with her!



*a huge surprise when my dear old friend arrived at my doorstep with his entire family! N and I have been friends for many years, since our Junior year of high school, yet his military career has taken him far away from me. *sniff* I hadn't seen him in 10 years, hadn't even met two of his children, so it was a wonderful evening indeed!


8 comments:

Heather @ SGF said...

What a wonderful surprise! Enjoy your friend's visit!

kim said...

How exciting!

MMM I love Laughing Cow

Rapunzel said...

Heather, thank you! unfortunately they were only here for the evening, on the way back from Disney World, but at least we had a couple of hours together.

Rapunzel said...

Kim, isn't Laughing Cow the BEST!?

Chandra said...

Sounds relaxing. And there's nothing like seeing an old friend! Enjoy!

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Love your new header design and color scheme - castles and moons and butterflies, oh my!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Chandra! His visit really brightened my day! :-)

Rapunzel said...

Susan, thank you! I thought it was very "me", don't you? :-)