Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happiness Is...Summer at the Castle

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but we have an "open house" just about every Sunday during the summer. All of our friends & family know that they can drop by at any point during the afternoon and, weather permitting, they'll find us poolside. Beren's grilling, I'm whipping up side dishes in the kitchen, drinks are flowing, music is blasting...just overall a relaxing good time. Some Sundays we have a full house, others it's just us. Yesterday we were joined by my pseudo-brother, Arthur, who zipped over on two wheels, and Beren's two girls who were with us for the weekend. Afterward we headed to the beach for a snack, met Kali and Kevin there as well as my out-of-town Auntie.




Jezebel would really like to join the fun....


...and Jackson, too!



My favorite Auntie!


What a lovely day, can't wait for next Sunday!


6 comments:

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

It looks like a very good day. Thanks for sharing. That's a great way to spend Sundays.

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Oh, makes me miss our "Bums by the Pool" Day - I feel as if I've allowed the hecticity (is that a word?) of my life to take over!

Thanks for the memory jog - I'm now sitting here at work, living vicariously... :-)

kim said...

What a lovely full and happy house!

Rapunzel said...

Susan, I remember those days fondly! Rest assured, dear friend, that there are days I am tempted to be/do and ignore the relaxation by the pool but Beren keeps me in check, good or bad. ;-)

Rapunzel said...

Robbin, it is a nice segue back into the work week, you know?

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Kim! Though there are times the dust bunnies are running rampant and the castle is not really company-friendly, we do it anyway. Our friends and family somehow look beyond the messes. :-)