Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ladies Who Lunch


It's a busy time at work, Quarterlies are due, so I'm working more hours than usual. I don't mind since I really like to be busy and I do get a real sense of fulfillment from my current job. I love my co-workers, we have a lot of laughs and since we are a small company, it truly is like a family. Oh, and another good reason for the increased hours - I need the extra cash for an upcoming vacation but more about that later..wink..

You know, as much as I enjoyed being home full time in my "prior life," I admit that working, even part time, gives a sense of order and structure to my life. Without that, I find myself meandering through my days, puttering around and letting the hours slip away from me. I appreciate my home more since I'm in it less, and I find that getting up and going to the office gives me more energy, gets my body and brain moving!

Anyway, since I am usually home by 1 pm I rarely have occasion to pack a lunch so it's a real treat when I get to do so. Most of the ladies at my office grab fast food or a quick sandwich, but I'm on a budget so I'll be "brown bagging" it today. I prefer it that way, especially since I get to pack my pretty little Bento box like this...



and tuck it into this fun little tote bag...



Along with a glass of homemade iced tea, doesn't this just beat Burger King any day?!

So, off to work for this little gal...see you later!

12 comments:

Aisling said...

You can't beat a bento box lunch, really... for visual appeal and the fresh, healthy components. I can't even imagine tucking unhealthy food into a bento box. It would just be wrong somehow.

Love the little totebag. That has some sassy attitude!

Teacats said...

VERY nice lunch -- and the box and the tote bag are wonderful! Its amazing that so many folks have finally decided to take their homemade lunches into work! Really helps with the bottom line -- financially and physically too! LOL!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Chandra said...

Anything made from home beats fast food to me. Your lunch looked so awesome! :) I hadn't seen a bento box before.

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

Beats the heck out of it! That looks yummy!

Rapunzel said...

Aisling, I agree! There's no way potato chips, for example, would find their way into my Bento! *grin*

Rapunzel said...

Jan, I agree! We almost always have leftovers from the night before, makes a perfect lunch. The salad I'm having today is one that I ordered at a restaurant last night, it was so huge that it'll feed me for several meals!

Rapunzel said...

Chandra, I discovered Bentos last year, there's tons of info. out there on them if you do a quick google. They're pretty and fun! :-)

Rapunzel said...

Robbin, doesn't it? I am counting down the minutes til lunchtime! ;-)

Fifi Flowers said...

Love that art work Ladies Lunching... that's great... That looks like my kind of fun lunch!

Rapunzel said...

Fifi, me, too! They look perfectly content, don't they?

Jen said...

Where did you get your Bento box? I've been wanting to start experimenting with Bento artwork, err, I mean food.

Rapunzel said...

Jen, LOL, I agree that the whole Bento concept is artwork! Lots of info out there and so many pretty Bento boxes. Mine came from World Goods last year, don't know if they still carry it but check their website just in case. I don't think they called it a Bento, though..hm...I'll try to remember..