Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Rosemary Morning


"Go outside. Look at growing things. Breathe in their shiny, green newness and breathe out your troubles. Find a rosemary bush for this especially. Rosemary is a great cleanser and protector. Ask nicely, first, and after you've allowed it to help you, break off a branch and carry it with you, brush your fingers along it for comfort, inhale its scent for support. (Whatever you do, don't cook with it!!!!) When it's dried out completely, burn it with a wish and thanks. Then, if you need to, do the whole thing again."

"At the beginning of every day, remember to thank the universe that you have been given a part to play in it and at the end of every day, thank it again, for giving you the opportunity to live that day through."~Anonymous


I have a new e-mail blogging friend who at the moment shall remain anonymous, though you know soon enough I shall "assign" her a special name of her own! *smile* She has been inspiring and delighting me with lovely notes about practical life and practical magic, the snippet above an example. Though I know little about her, I can already "see" that she is wise and kind and special...and that we are truly kindred spirits.

So, this morning I took her advice. After waking up too early with too little sleep, the weight of the world on my shoulders, I read her e-mail. Then I poured myself a fresh cup of coffee, grabbed a few gingersnaps and took a stroll out to my tiny little garden. With the birds chirping in the background, I dug my bare feet into the soul, knelt down and thanked the universe, the goddess, the Spirit for another day on this earth. I plucked off a bit of rosemary, brought it to my nose and breathed deeply. Ahh...it was lovely, and healing, and awakening..just what my friend said it would be. I feel refreshed, alive, and ready to go on with my day, that little sprig of rosemary at my side.

Thank you, dear friend, I have no doubt that you have been sent to me at this time in my life for a reason and I am ever-so-grateful. Blessings to you.


“Kindred Spirits are not so scarce as I used to think.
Its splendid to find out there are so
many of them in the world.”
~ Anne Shirley


5 comments:

Aisling said...

""Go outside. Look at growing things. Breathe in their shiny, green newness and breathe out your troubles."

I begin each day this way, and heartily recommend it. I'm glad you are breathing deeply and still soaking up the wisdom that so many of our sisters in this world have to offer. It is one of the things I love about you; your receptiveness to the wisdom and magic in the world. I'm glad you are not neglecting that facet of yourself at this time in your life.

hugs,
Aisling

Teacats said...

Another here will join in the circle too!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Aisling my dear friend.

xoxoxo

Rapunzel said...

Jan, your wonderful energy is always felt in my circle!

kim said...

I love the smell of Rosemary!