Friday, July 18, 2008

Thrifty Thursday (a day late)


Dad took my Mom for some more tests this afternoon, leaving my Ohio Aunt all alone for a few hours. So, I saved my thrifting for today and toted her along with me. She is truly the Thrift Shop Queen, says that up home the only thing she doesn't buy from thrift stores is undergarments and nighties! We had a nice time, a little reprieve for her from the caretaking of Mom, and I got some good bargains:

*Two vintage Pyrex bowls and one Fire King pie plate for Kali

*One vase for my dining room table, the colors are perfect!

*A wicker basket that I plan to use for bread & rolls

*10 brightly-colored cloth napkins, they look brand new!

*3 Hawaiian-type shirts for Beren, one of them a Pierre Cardin!

Grand total: $27.00. Not bad, huh?

8 comments:

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I don't think many of us thrifters can ever resist them temptations of pyrex. Your two are especially lovely.

Teacats said...

Great treaure hunt! Well done indeed!

P.S. Thanks for the videos that feature "Home" -- my favorite is a collage of images of an restored Queen Anne home 0n YouTube -- and includes the music of Crosby, Still, Nash & Young -- and their song "Our House" Its wonderful!

Rapunzel said...

Apron Thrift Girl, I agree! My cabinets are chock full of vintage Pyrex yet I continue to add more. This time they are for Kali because the earth tones match her color scheme. You're right, these are beauties - in perfect condition!

Rapunzel said...

Jan, I'll have to search for that You Tube, it sounds lovely!

Abraham Lincoln said...

I would say you did good and got a lot of stuff for $27.00. Interesting post.

Abraham Lincoln
—Brookville Daily Photo

Rapunzel said...

Thank you for visiting the Castle, Abraham! I'll have to take a peek at your blog now! :-)

Chandra said...

...and I can't even afford to be thrifty. :(

Rapunzel said...

Chandra, I know what you mean..sigh..I don't need to be out there buying anything but honestly, with all of the other stress in my life, if I can budget $30 a week for thrift store shopping and it cheers me for a bit..well, it's worth it right now. :-)