Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thrifty Thursday


I did a bit of "retail therapy" as my friend Jersey calls it..grin..stopped at my fave thrift store and found some lovely treasures!

*A nice sturdy bamboo silverware caddy, perfect timing since the bottom fell out of my old one just last week! Here in the land of forever-summer we do bbq and entertain year-round so these things really take a beating.

*A fabulous straw bag, really love the faux-snake handles and details! I happen to have a pair of shoes that match perfectly, but that doesn't surprise you does it? *grin*

*A stack of blue & cream sunflower cloth napkins, again perfect for the season!

*Two boldly-printed skirts, can't wait to pair them up with colorful tanks!

*An armload of books - I rarely buy paperbacks at the thrift store because for only $1.50 I can have the hard-cover version.

Total spent: $30.00. Not bad, eh? I couldn't have purchased two new books for that sum! Have any of you read these?

*The Good Wife Strikes Back by Elizabeth Buchan
*Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
*The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn
*Multiple Choice by Claire Cook
*Coal Run by Tawni O'Dell
*Comfort me with Apples by Ruth Reichl
*True to Form by Elizabeth Berg


Now, I'm off for cocktails with my sweetie, Kali & Kevin, going to celebrate Mom's return home and many other things that we have to be grateful for.

6 comments:

Karla said...

You found some wonderful treasures! Gotta love it.

Rapunzel said...

Karla, I know! I don't go junkin' as often as I used to so it's a real treat. :-)

Teacats said...

Nothing like a bit of retail therapy in my opinion -- and even BETTER when those purchases turn out to be a bargain! Well shopped!! ((take a chocolate and a drinkie outta pretty cash LOL!)) And the books look GREAT -- of course we shall expect reviews ..... ((foot tapping and a stern look ))

Jan at Rosemary Cottage -- who just took a load of items to Goodwill -- and now has room enough in her closet to buy some different ones! Heeheehee!

Melissa said...

I haven't read any of those, although I have read another by Elizabeth Berg...I hope you enjoy, those are some great finds!

Rapunzel said...

Jan, wish you were here to shop w/me, girlfriend! We'd have a fabulous time!

Rapunzel said...

Melissa, I love Elizabeth Berg! I've probably already read this one, lol, but simply can't remember. Also, I scoop up my favorite books when I see them at the thrift stores; this way I can share them with friends and don't worry about them being returned.