Monday, July 14, 2008

Where my day has gone...


Because I try to be honest on here and reveal the good stuff as well as the bad, I'm here to tell you that my day has gone to hell in a handbag. The Monday that started out gracefully has been anything but.

I've had a horrible stomachache all day long (does anyone else have this happen at mid-cycle in their moontime?), got little accomplished at work, tried unsuccessfully to take a nap to make up for last night's lack of sleep but I'm just not a napper so I wasted two hours tossing and turning. Lily is upset over college issues, does not know where she wants to go and classes start in a month, she quit her job for good reason but has nothing else lined up. Bambi hates her job as well, went out to get a haircut and now hates it. All of our moods and problems combined are causing us to snap & bicker at each other. The Castle is a total mess, piles of laundry to be done...I could go on & on...

Just not a good day, wish I could hop into Bettie and drive away..or at the very least, dive headfirst into those peanut butter fudge bars...but that wouldn't solve anything now, would it?

8 comments:

Heather @ SGF said...

Step away from the brownies, Rapunzel. Step away from the brownies...

Do you meditate? That might help. If nothing else, remember, these days SUCK but they pass. I think I wrote this on someone else's blog too, but I try to imagine being the tree - imagine all that we go through as the wind. Sometimes the wind is rough and we feel like we are going to break; and sometimes the wind is gentle and we enjoy the feeling of it against our limbs. But either way, it's just the wind and just bend along with it and it will pass. My advice - Be the Tree!

Chandra said...

*slapping your hand* Stay out of the PB&F bars!! See - days like these give you something to look forward to tomorrow. :)

(see - a bright side)

Rapunzel said...

thank you, Heather. I'm not very good at formal meditating but I can find that peaceful meditative place if I try. I love your tree analogy!

Rapunzel said...

Chandra, lol, I managed to avoid temptation, no bars for me! Instead I ate my healthy dinner and am having some quiet time.

kim said...

Ugh, I do. I usually have a BIG case of diahr......you know, during my moon time.

usually, it's not as bad if it falls on a full moon, but it is still bad.

Rapunzel said...

Kim, I know the feeling! Now, this is my mid-cycle, when I'm ovulating. I get the "normal" mid-cycle pain but I also get horrible indigestion and a regular stomachache! Very odd, I've never heard of anyone else experiencing this. :-/

Lady Laurie said...

I'm sorry your day didn't go well.
I have those mid~cycle cramps going on as well. I find the older I get (I'm 46) the weirder my period gets and the moodier I become,much to my hubby's dismay!

Rapunzel said...

Lady Laurie, I've always had rough periods but you are right, the 40's are even worse! *groan*