Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise



Despite the heat and lack of seasons, I don't normally mind living in Florida. I enjoy the culture, the beaches, the year-round opportunities to be scantily clad. However, that all changes at this time of year, peak hurricane season. Right now the radar looks like this:



Quite ominous for us here, don't you think? We may be spending this weekend battening down the hatches and shopping for hurricane supplies. Keep us in your thoughts, please, and I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Helena S. said...

That looks scary! I was once in Minnesota during a tornado warning and it was a really weird feeling knowing that it could actually hit us. Things like that don't happen up here in the North.

linda said...

healing energies coming your way....I have not seen nor heard the news yet today and so don't know if you are still lying in harm's way but yes, it does certainly seem ominous, especially with Ike....

take good and strong cover...being a native californian, I think it would be horrifying.... :(

Rapunzel said...

Helena, I know, it's a very scary thing! We don't get a lot of tornadoes here but they do happen.

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Linda! I think it's made a bit of a turn and we might not get a direct hit, still watching and waiting.