Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day BBQ

We decided to have our holiday gathering on Sunday, allowing us a day to recuperate before heading back to work! Boy, am I glad I did because I was exhausted by the end of the night. It was well worth it, though, as we had a wonderful time!

One of my friends loved the way I displayed the grapes and other snacky foods so I decided to snap a pic. Since we entertain a lot we stock up on glass/barware when we see it in thrift stores, I love to use it to contain things other than beverages!



My girls all did their share of prepping and cooking...and eating!



Time out for a kitten cuddle...



These guys have been friends for 35 years, do you know how many shots I have of this same pose? *shaking head*



Some of us sought shelter from the scorching heat on the patio and pool...







While some found it much cooler inside..



Overall I'd call the party a success, can't wait til the next one!

3 comments:

Teacats said...

Hi! Wonderful photos of a GREAT party! Yes -- way too steamy hot to sit outside for me -- even the pool water temperature is closer to a warm bath! Hoping for some rain in the next few days from Gustay -- but methinks it will miss us yet again!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

Looks like everyone had a good time, but I think that always happens at your house.
I like your grape and cracker set up too. Looks yummy.
Have a good Labor Day Rest Up!

silverneurotic said...

Looks like a great time! Mine was very low key but still fun. And relaxing!