Friday, September 19, 2008

On My Hearth: Fishy Friday



This looks delicious to me but Beren is not a big fan of salmon so he'll be frying up some shrimp for himself tonight. Not a problem, just means more for me!

Garlicky Broiled Salmon and Tomatoes
from Real Simple

4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
4 medium tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably hot
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper
8 sprigs fresh thyme
4 cloves garlic, sliced

Heat broiler. Place the salmon and tomatoes, cut-side up, in a broilerproof roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle the salmon with the paprika.

Drizzle the salmon and tomatoes with the oil and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Scatter the thyme and garlic over the top.

Broil until the salmon is opaque throughout and the tomatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.


Yield: Makes 4 servings



P.S. Please note that the above graphic is from a gorgeous new-to-me blog called Dreams & Ghosts. The author is taking a bit of a hiatus but I hope she's back soon to share more of her incredible work!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Weekend ~ I also love salmon but I rarely cook it since my husband is not a huge fish eater. I usually just wait and order fish when we go out to dinner. I do like the picture you posted to go with this. Creative!

linda said...

yummmm...I'll have some of that too! I haven't been around much lately so just thought I would stop by and say HI!

as always, a good recipe...cracks me up Beren is frying shrimp...I want to type "again" :)

Rapunzel said...

Deb, Happy weekend to you as well! :-)

Linda, LOL, you know Beren already! The man can do wonders with a deep fryer. I think I won his heart when I bought him a fryer of his own, he never had one at his "prior residence." Not very good for his health but anything in moderation I guess.