Sunday, September 28, 2008

On My Hearth: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter



It's an overcast, dreary day here; the weather is contributing to my already blue mood. You see, Mom's back in the hospital again and I'm worried sick. So, as often happens, when I am down I head to the kitchen and work some magick.

I combined several recipes to come up with this quick & easy pumpkin butter, so tasty and will make your whole house smell heavenly! I'm hoping that Mom comes home soon to share a nice warm slice of banana bread & pumpkin butter with me.



* Exported from MasterCook *

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 cups pumpkin puree
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 lemons -- juice of

Place all ingredients in slow cooker; cook on low for approximately 5 hours. Pour into small jars, refrigerate or freeze.

Yield:
"10 cups"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6 comments:

mrsb said...

Oh, my! That sounds wonderful! I can almost smell it from here!

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

Hoping that too, and sending good thoughts and prayers and HOPE she doesn't have to stay long. (I hate the hospital!) Take care of you.

Rapunzel said...

Mrs. B, I wish you were here to enjoy it with me! :-)

Rapunzel said...

Robbin, thank you so much, I'm hoping she gets released tomorrow but the doctor hasn't told us anything yet...sigh...

linda said...

oh rapunzel, I am so sorry to hear your mom is hospitalized...saying prayers and sending blessings she will be released as soon as is possible...do you know why yet? ugh...it's the weekend too, probably partly why she's still stuck there...

try not to worry too much, darlin' :(

linda said...

I forgot to say how lovely that pumpkin butter "SMELLED" just by your description!

xoxo