Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Weight Watchin' Wednesday: Baked Chicken
Beren and I may be going out to see our friend's band tonight and since they start early (6:30 pm) it's going to be a quick & simple dinner tonight. I'll be serving this with leftover egg noodles for him, "faux" mashed potatoes for me, and some type of fresh veggies of course.
POINTS® Value: 3
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Use fresh herbs and lemon juice to give plain baked chicken fantastic flavor.
* 1 sprays cooking spray
* 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz halves
* 1/2 tsp table salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
* 2 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
* 2 tsp parsley, fresh, chopped
* 1/4 cup canned chicken broth
* 1/2 medium lemon(s), quartered (for garnish)
* Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small, shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
* Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to prepared pan and drizzle with oil; sprinkle with lemon juice, rosemary and parsley. Pour broth around chicken to coat bottom of pan.
* Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with fresh lemon and serve. Yields 1 chicken breast half per serving.