Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ah-Choo!

Beren came home with a sore throat and the beginnings of a cold yesterday so, being the thoughtful girlfriend that I am, I immediately went into caretaking mode. I poured the oj, delivered tissues and the remote control before donning my apron heading to the kitchen, ready to whip up a batch of homemade chicken soup. And then, I remembered....when My Man is sick, he doesn't appreciate my fresh & delicious cooking, he only wants two things: canned chicken soup and grilled cheese. Ewww! So instead of cutting carrots & celery and de-boning chicken today I'll be opening a can and tossing cheese onto slices of white bread. Sigh.

Not exactly the type of nursing I imagined but..hmm....perhaps I can come up with
something else to make him feel better?

14 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

Your funny....my hubby is a big baby when he gets sick and has to have lots of ginerale and chicken soup. Hope Beren feels better and you don't catch his cold.

Teacats said...

Yep -- another gal here with a DH who turns into "Misery Man" when confronted by sickness ..... except he tries to ignore it ..... and so gets even MORE sick .... sheesh .....

BTW -- swing by "The Two Witches" blog and watch the hilarious political video "The Great Schelep" Fun -- but NOT for small kids!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

linda said...

that's funny because that's what I eat too although if somebody made me HOMEMADE soup, I wouldn't turn it down, but my hubby is not nearly so comfortable with an apron on :)

hope he gets better soon!

kim said...

My hubby is that way too. Canned Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup (no carrots). Bleck.

Buuuut....it's amazing what a good sweat will cure!! +wink+

Helena S. said...

I love the nurse pinup. My husband just wants to be in peace and read his precious comic books when he's sick.

Julie said...

Poor guy - I hope you don't nuzzel too close and catch it yourself!

silverneurotic said...

My mother was always big on making chicken soup when anyone was sick. Honestly though, sometimes you just can't handle all that goodness when you aren't feeling great.

www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

Rapunzel said...

Lady Laurie, LOL, they are often such babies aren't they? Beren is pretty low-maintenance as long as he has the aforementioned dinner items and the remote control within reaching distance!

Rapunzel said...

Jan, I'll definitely go visit those 2 Witches, thank you for the heads up!

Rapunzel said...

Linda, I would love it if someone made me any kind of soup when I'm sick - from a can or otherwise, LOL!

Rapunzel said...

Kim, great minds think alike! *wink*

Rapunzel said...

Helena, yep, I think men go even more into caveman mode when they're sick, right?

Rapunzel said...

Julie, I did catch a tiny bit of it but it didn't last thank goodness!

Rapunzel said...

Silver, good point, I guess the mom in us just wants to do *something* to make it better!