Sunday, October 12, 2008

Camping


I'm pleased to announce that my Mom is feeling much better since her return from the hospital; her energy is up and the side affects from the chemo are under control! To celebrate that, she and Dad have loaded up the RV and gone "camping" for the weekend. They're staying a few miles down the road, close enough to return home if she starts to feel ill but just far enough to give that "vacation" feel. I'm so happy for them, they really enjoy RV travel and obviously haven't been able to partake in that pleasure for some months now.

So, my whole family is going to join in the fun this afternoon; we are all meeting them at the park for a big cookout! In addition to the usual bbq fare I'll be bringing some cool desserts for a special treat.

I was in the mood for pie so I made two! The first is to appeal to mom's love of strawberries and the 2nd is for the Mojito-lovers in the crowd. Mmmm!!! They are both in the freezer right now, will let you know how they turn out but from an initial taste test I am fairly confident that they'll be a success!

4 comments:

linda said...

I am thrilled to hear your mom is not only feeling better and out of the hospital but enjoying a picnic besides! That's wonderful!!!

Deb said...

Celebrate! Both pies sound delicious...thanks for the recipes! I am so happy for your parents - they must feel so alive!
The weekends always go by so fast...although tomorrow is a holiday for us so we will have another day to play :)

mrsb said...

How wonderful! So glad to hear that your mom is doing well!

Rapunzel said...

Thank so much to all of you! :-)