Monday, October 27, 2008

Happiness Is....a Wonderful Weekend


*a festive Pirate Pumpkin ala Beren


*Beren's company picnic spent at a lovely outdoor venue; even though I hate seeing animals in captivity I must say that this place was very well-maintained.

*soothing the PMS beast with a small indulgence; these were truly the best oatmeal cookies I've ever made!

*the scent of French bread wafting through the kitchen (I cheated and let my borrowed (thanks, Mom!) bread machine do the work this time.


*Friday afternoon kitchen witchery - lavender-rosemary soap and bath salts with fresh herbs from my garden (these will be Yule gifts so I'm not sharing pics of the finished product..shh...!)


*fresh flowers on my nightstand (thank you, Beren!)


*reconnecting with high school girlfriends I haven't seen in 26 years! (you know what? We're still hotties!)


*a beautiful 18 year old daughter who announced on Saturday that she's still moving out..but not quite so far away. (to hell with Orlando, she says! Yippee!)

7 comments:

Catherine said...

well YAY for a great weekend! And no Orlando for L? Double YAY!

silverneurotic said...

Glad you had such a great weekend!

www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Pumpkins and flowers and reunions, oh my! - sounds like a wonderful (and well-deserved) weekend indeed... <3

Julie said...

Oh that sound so fun. I am one who really enjoyes reconnecting with old high school friends. Once you grow up..it is not the same and it is so fun to hear about their lives and families too.

P.S.What a great shot of Baren too.

Have a great week!

Aisling said...

Your homemade soaps and bath salts sound wonderful. Isn't it great to get some of the ingredients from your own backyard? I just love that.

:)

Teacats said...

Brillant posting! And thanks for such wonderful and fun photos of both you and Beren! And those oatmeal cookies sound divine! Want to try them BUT can't (and must not) eat them! LOL!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

kim said...

Og the pumpkin is so cute!! My moon tyme too!!